Sunday, June 6

Lag Time

Hello again.  The last few weeks have been a bit of settling time for me.  After all of the frenzied activity involved in applying endlessly for things (postulancy, seminary, scholarships, etc.), selling the condo, writing a sermon, and planning my fund-raising endeavors, things suddenly all took off on their own!  I got a fantastic scholarship (fellowship, actually), my condo is under contract, my fund-raising dinner has a staff of planners doing a great job, and my sermon was a big hit.  Now for the last few weeks I keep having this nagging feeling in my down time that there's someone I am supposed to call or some deadline looming over me.  It's a crummy way to live!

It hasn't helped that we've all had various illnesses the past few weeks, either - or that the weather has been so classically a Bellingham Spring (someone referred to in recently as June-uary!).  But onward we plod!  Things are looking up and will be swinging into high gear yet again soon.  I will have various family in town all this month.  My big send-off party next Saturday is shaping up to be a bigger celebration than my wedding:  over 130 people have already RSVP'ed.  We'll be building the stage and dance floor this Friday!  At the end of next week, as part of my fellowship (www.thefund.org), I will be headed, sans family, to Boston for a 4-day conference for young (under 35) future leaders of the church.  I'll be in Whistler, BC for my birthday, and then it's time to start packing for the big move!

No comments:

Post a Comment